Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Great Bank Robbery

A friend just asked me to participate in a series of training exercises in December for Cisco trainees. We'll be acting as the OPFOR i.e. the dastardly bank robbers, going against guards who may be armed with anything from advanced tasers to shotguns(loaded with rubber rounds, of course).

Sounded like a lot of fun, so of course I signed up. As a result, I'm also feeling kinda combative. Going for some pist0l practice in November, just to keep myself familiar with the motions. Draw, check safety, cock lever, aim, breathe in, let out 3/4 air, squeeze...
There’s a gun and ammunition
Just inside the doorway
Use it only in emergency
Better you should pray to god
The father and the spirit
Will guide you and protect from up here
-Silent Running by Mike and the Mechanics

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun - playing OPFOR (whether in a Milsim or some sort of training ex) is always better than being the "good guys," in my opinion.

I'm a long time fan of NWO and SiS, and I decided to check up on you. :)

Any chance in restarting the stories?

2:54 PM  
Blogger The Wobbly Guy said...

Yes, once the I hit the hols. Actually, the next chapter for Seekers is 50% done. I just need to push myself to finish it one of these days...

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home