Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Official Day of Work

Well, that's it for my time as an official teacher of MOE. Today was my last day as a teacher at SAJC, and it's now full speed ahead for my studies to get a Masters of Public Policy degree at the Lee Kuan Yew School.

The stats test today, BTW, was horrible. Utterly false advertising that got everybody thinking that it would maths - algebra with maybe some functions? Instead we got a horrible crash exam in statistics. What the heck is the Empirical Rule? I would know it if somebody had told me to study it, but we were wholly unprepared!

In fact, this is the first Orientation I know of that has already involved 2 assignments and a test. Wow. Talk about getting 'qieh' upside down.

With all the things happening , I'm still trying to get over the fact that I'm not a teacher anymore. Oh, to be sure, I'll probably be looking for tuition offers, preferably from my former students. But it's just not the same as standing in front of 600 students to deliver a lecture, and the thrill after it all when you KNOW you've done a good job of explaining the content(more or less). I'm applying for relief teaching, and when my timetable is settled I'll be sending it to my subject head, so I'll still be around in SAJC as a sorta advisory/reserve/backup role.

The year end gaming convention has been called off, but the textbook is still on, and my collaborator in Australia is getting ready to burn, and so should I.

So that's it for the time being, as if it wasn't enough. Studies, the project to set the J1 H1 Chem paper, the textbook project, and tuition. Argh, I should learn to say no the next time round...

1 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Hello Teacher.. How are you!! Ahaha.. congrats on last day as a teacher and welcome to being a student again!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home