Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year Resolutions

Well, it's the start of a new revolution around our Sun, an ordinary G3 star with nothing much to recommend it except that it's also the primary of the solar system we live in, which makes it pretty special to us.

So here're my resolutions for this new orbit:

1. Get a girlfriend. Really start looking. A friend suggested going to discos and asking out pretty girls. Maybe when I have enough guts...

2. Paint at least 4 more miniatures.

3. Organise and hold 2 more official Classic Battletech events within the year.

4. Start pushing for the formation of the NUS Choir alumni, or failing that, joining the Vocal Consort. Gotta start prioritizing my Sundays though.

5. Work on my crosses with my left foot when playing on the left wing, so that I can at least hit them decently 50% of the time with a dribble from a dead stop.

6. Run 2.4 km under 10 min.

7. Run a half-marathon under 2 hours.

8. Run a full marathon.

9. Get an IPPT Gold.

10. Post on my blog more often.
----------------------------------------------------

The Wobbly Guy

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heres a resolution for ya: Continue/finish seekers in shadow at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/953728/21/ :P

9:41 PM  
Blogger The Wobbly Guy said...

Lady Hawk-The church is the one place I'm avoiding.

Given that I spent 2 years in catechism classes, and another 6 in a Christian fellowship, only to find myself firmly in the non-believer's camp after studying Rand, Machiavelli, Nietzsche et al, it's not likely I'll ever become a believer.

Furthermore, it's simply wrong to go to Church just to look for suitable girls. A matter of principle, I guess.

Still, you're right, many pretty girls at the local churches. However, I always found their... vapidness and shallowness a bit hard to take.

9:17 AM  
Blogger The Wobbly Guy said...

Smart? That fellow?

For daring to diss Monty Python, and for daring to suggest he stands very low in my estimation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_Night%2C_Saturday_Morning

Morality thru religion is fine. But it's also easily twisted, as history has shown us countless times already.

I subscribe to a more fundamental truth. I don't need religion to tell me how to live a good, virtuous life that abides by the principles I have laid down for myself. Maybe I'm not 100% consistent all the time. If I did, I'd be at Kohlberg's advanced stages of moral development.

Perhaps many people do allow religion to guide their morality, but it's their choice. It's simply not mine, when I know there's simply no need for it, at least for me personally.

To do anything else would be to betray my own deeply held principles. Even an innocuous activity like going to church, even if it is to look for nice girls. ;)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home