Saturday, March 03, 2007

Alternative "Lord of the Rings"

Was just fooling around when I ran across a mention of Richard Sharpe, main protagonist of Bernard Cornwell's excellent Sharpe series. It also brought to mind Xiang Hao and Nah's offer to get the entire dramatized 'Sharpe' TV series, starring Sean Bean, who was also Boromir in Lord of the Rings.

Which, of course, led me to recall the exceedingly funny site I saw once before spoofing LotR, using various authors and coming up with humorous "what if wrote LotR?" using these author's peculiar writing quirks and styles.

There were ones by Mike Stackpole, Bernard Cornwall, Tom Clancy. One of the best entries, I remember, was the Everquest RPG version with Fordo being a complete noob getting beaten up in the Mines of Moria battle.

I went googling for it, but no luck. All I got was a much shorter site here.

Anybody care to give me a hand?

1 Comments:

Blogger toomanycurls said...

I've been looking for that site for ages... I think it's disappeared from the internet. When I ran across it several years back, it hadn't been updated in quite a while.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home